Sunday, September 5, 2010

Peach & Blackberry Cobbler

Singin' don't worry, about a thing
cos every little thing's gonna be alright

On Friday my gf came over and we picked blackberries from all the bushes in our neighborhood. There were millions of the yummy little gems and still millions more that aren't ripe yet.
YAY cos that means this is only our first harvest - and we got a ton!

So yesterday having the day free to do whatever I wanted
- I prepped, cooked & baked all day -
listening to none other than Mr. Bob Marley!

It was a GREAT DAY!

I added a little extra brown sugar to the berries and the batter,
cos I love me some brown sugar!
But didn't it turn out just utterly gorgeous?

Oh, I also prepped this Tuscan Lemon Chicken with garlic for dinner tonight.
It's a million times better if you let it marinate AT LEAST overnight.

AND i cooked this new favorite veg recipe:
sauteed corn with red peppers & caramelized onions.
It is SO GOOD!
The photo doesn't do it justice!
I used fresh basil out of my garden to sprinkle
in at the end and it is TO.DIE.FOR!!

So, tonight we will be feasting!
I'm even making fresh vanilla whipped cream to plop atop our cobbler.
YUMMY!

Bon Appetit!


5 comments:

  1. Okay, I'm starvin' now! What time is Dinner and do I bring the dogs for a wrestle fest? HA!

    Seriously, looks great! That combo of Peach and Blackberries sounds heavenly!

    Looks like you ARE enjoying your weekend! We had a great weekend at Joyworks! I was in the clothing area today and had a lot of regs shopping,,,I lost track of time! It was after closing and we were all having so much fun! Lucky to love my job!

    Off tomorrow, but will be working in "Shell's Little Sweatshop!"

    I'll be having a giveaway this week,,to commemorate 200 posts,,,,,so stay tuned!

    Hugs and love,
    Shell
    (Love me some Bob Marley some days!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy crap...we could smell that good stuff over here.
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um...Yum! I love blackberries this time of year. Unless the bears get to them before I do!

    That chicken and corn looks delish also. I just ate and now I'm hungry again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My goodness, that all looks amazing! Yum!

    ReplyDelete

Hi my fabulous friends! I LOVE your comments, so post away and I promise I read each and every one of them - you and your comments brighten my day!