Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Tuscan Lemon Chicken

Why won't you tell me...
why I work so hard for you...
give you money, oh to give you money...

Yes, it's another one of those days!
I'm up, dancin' around, singin' my heart out
all the while cookin' and doin' laundry.
This time it's to WHAM!!

The holiday weekend is over.... it's very sad.
I loved having the sexy boyfriend home for a few days.
Cookin' & bakin' for him.
Cuddlin' with the Weezy on the couch.
Being lazy and catchin' up on our recorded tv shows.
Back to reality...

I thought I'd share pics of the feast we had the other night.
Mainly to get me inspired to start preppin' dinner for tonight.

Tuscan Lemon Chicken




Smashed Potatoes
~made with cream, butter, garlic, s&p~
extremely sinful


Pan Gravy
~wondra flour, s&p~


Sweet Confetti Corn
made mine with olive oil instead of butter
boil corn, then cut from cobs

saute the onions and peppers

add corn & rest of ingredients and saute til golden brown

VIOLA!
A fantastic feast fit for a Labor Day Weekend!


But one step further and my back will break
If my best isn't good enough
then how can it be good enough for two?
I can't work any harder than I do.

(this definitely ISN'T true, but a darn good song to dance to, if I do say so myself!)

Try it!

Tonight when you're making dinner,
turn on the tunes,
have a glass of wine
and cook your heart out!
WOOHOO!


4 comments:

  1. Your post made me hungry! I'm a vegetarian so no chicken but I'm going to have to try your corn recipe. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell momma to come sing, dance and cook that good stuff over here
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUM! I'm a sucker for roast chicken. Except I hate cutting them up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just roasted the whole chicken instead of flattening it out like the recipe calls for. It was good!

    Emily: that corn recipe is SO GOOD! The first time I made it with a green chili & green onions and it was awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Hi my fabulous friends! I LOVE your comments, so post away and I promise I read each and every one of them - you and your comments brighten my day!