Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Anyway We Can, We're Gonna Find Somethin'


we'll dance in the garden in torn sheets, in the rain.
we'll dance in the garden in torn sheets, in the rain.
in the raaaaaaiiin.

we're the deadbeat club.... (in your lowest voice possible) ...deadbeat club.

I think I mentioned that while my family was here a few weeks ago, I was able to take my Mom and my Auntie to the Blondie/B-52's concert at Chateau Ste. Michelle. Well, I can't get the lyrics to this song out of my head ever since!

we're wild girls, walkin' down the street
wild girls, and boys.
going out for a big tiiiiiiimmeee.

I was an insomniac last night but it had a great effect on me.
Today, I was dancin' around the house, singin' and rockin' out to the B-52's, Michael Jackson, Duran Duran... all the while, cleanin' the kitchen, reorganizin', and doin' laundry.
It was a GREAT DAY!!

Then I made a fabulous dinner for my adorable boyfriend:
~mesquite chicken thighs roasted over onions & garlic~
~roasted sweet potatoes~
~sweet peas from the garden~
~with a wonderful pan gravy~

AND my oldest (meaning we've been friends since 4th grade, the first person I met when we moved to Duvall) and dearest friend, James, stopped by for a cocktail and some laughs over youTube.

It all ended snuggled on the couch with my cute Weezy & adorable boyfriend - watching a cool show about dreams. Now he's in bed, Weezer's passed out on the couch and I'm blogging - hoping to get sleepy enough to hit the hay!

let's go crash that party down
in normaltown tonight.
then we'll go skinny-dippin'
in the moonlight.

But I did want to share some pretty pics of the fun stuff I finally put together in my kitchen today (up to this point, it's all been packed away in the room of despair).

This super cute, super old, vintage scale I scored at a barn sale recently for only $10:

I absolutely LOVE the color and it matches my kitchen perfectly!

The cute teal kitchen timer & fabulous Anthropologie oven mitt were gifts from my Bestie for my birthday this past June:

The vintage Canada Dry soda case came from the Farm Chicks show this past summer for only $15. And the gorgeous teal canning jars I've been collecting also came from Farm Chicks and said barn show:

(would've been nice if I had actually dusted the top of the fridge before I took these pics!)

So more of the same tomorrow morning.
I'm slowly getting through all the junk, I mean stuff in my house that I no longer want or have a need for.
My garage sale pile is getting larger and larger every day.
AND I've been a super good girl, applying for some fun jobs too.
Now if I'd only get called in for an interview (fingers are crossed.)

oh oh! oh, no
here they come
the members of
that deadbeat club... (again, in your deepest voice) ...deadbeat club

But until then, I'm going to keep plugging away at my housework and purge.

anyway I can, I'm gonna find somethin'.
I'll dance in the garden, in torn sheets, in the rain.
I'll dance in the garden, in torn sheets, in the raaaaaaaaiiiiinn.

And I'll probably still have this song stuck in my head tomorrow too.
Which reminds me...
I'd better burn this cd tonight so I can blast it and rock out to it in my car tomorrow on my way to "project day" with the girlz!

OH and Weezer says, don't worry, I'll still be here baskin' in the sun...

...(even if it's in the most uncomfortable spot in the entire house).

How friggin' cute can one dog possibly be?

She sure makes me happy.
So does singing.
:-)



1 comment:

  1. Love the scale! Weezer we think you are pretty darn cute too!

    ReplyDelete

Hi my fabulous friends! I LOVE your comments, so post away and I promise I read each and every one of them - you and your comments brighten my day!