Monday, May 3, 2010

Fabulous Finds!

Over the past couple weeks the plant sales and yard sales have been springing up like the weeds in my flower beds! That means it's time to find some great deals and start some new projects. FUN!

I mentioned that I finally found a FREE buffet on Craigslist - which was a total SCORE!

But I've also visited a couple yard sales, barn sales & antique stores in the past week and found some super fun stuff!

Starting with this FABULOUS antique wood chandelier. Of course I'm going to paint it some fabulous color and use it with candles. I have the perfect place to hang it over my deck. It's going to look so cute and for only .50 cents, it was definitely affordable!


Next at an antique shop in Anacortes, I found this big, lovely enamelware bowl which I am going to use on my potting shed to pot plants. I'd like to find another one - either blue or green to put all my tools in. A square, lidded one to house all my plant labels and seed packets. And a handled bucket for dirt, water and transplanting plants. I'm still searching for those for a reasonable price.

The old burlap sack is so cute! Of course I want to make a bulletin board with it. I was thinking I could hang it on the side of our chimney next to my potting shed. If that doesn't work, I've got a pair of super cute vintage tufted benches that would look just fabulous recovered with burlap. So French-country chic!

And of course I found the most FABULOUS thing of all - but it's a dream for me. I'm trying to be good since I am on a tight budget but I absolutely fell in love with this china set. I've seen a lot of gorgeous china, but I've never really fallen in love with any of it. This set, I fell in love with right away. I mean, it's green & blue - my favorite colors - almost as if I was destined to walk into that antique store and find it today.

And the best part? Not only was it a full service for 4, but it was quite affordable. But, alas, I walked away from the antique shop without this gorgeous set. Thinking to myself: "wouldn't this be the perfect mothers day or birthday gift for myself?" I mean, I AM a Bullie-Mama after all and my birthday IS next month. But for now, it will be mine in my dreams.


I think if I sold my old Pottery Barn set of dishes (even though that's a full service for 12) I **might** be able to justify buying this set of china. I think tonight I'll sleep on it and see what comes to me in my fabulous dreams. Good Night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi my fabulous friends! I LOVE your comments, so post away and I promise I read each and every one of them - you and your comments brighten my day!