Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Remembering Mr. Moo

A year ago today, we lost our stoic Panda Bear, only 4 months after losing Miss Hannah Poopay to congestive heart failure. Losing both of your beloved Bullies (and best friends) within a few months of each other seemed like the end of the world to me. It was so hard. I cried every night for probably a solid 9 months and still do every now and again.

Mr. Moosey Chops was only 7 years old, was diagnosed with acute kidney disease and was doing well for awhile. Then in June it got really bad and we only had a month left with him. It was so hard on us, but especially hard on Jamie since he was home with Panda every day. They were best buddies.


Hannah, on the other hand, lived a long, fantastic life - 12 years for a Bullie is amazing! After being diagnosed with congestive heart failure we had about 5 months left together and I cherished every day with her. She was such a good girl, so well trained and my "first born". (I have much better photos of her on my other computer, I'll have to find them and share them another time.)


Now we have Miss Weezy Woo. She has brought the light back to my life - and we have so much fun together! Hers goes with me everywhere and loves it!

We rescued all 3 of our babies from Cascade Bulldog Rescue here in Washington state. The women that run CBRR are absolute angels! I love them so much and am so thankful for the blessings they have given to our lives. Not only our bullies, but all the bullies that they help every day. Cindy, Lou & Tegan - Love you ladies and thank you from the bottom of my heart!


Now on to other news... i've been MIA and I'm so sorry about that. Last week was a really hard one for me. Not only did I try to ween myself off my anxiety meds (bad idea) but the reality of being out of work started to set in. Then Thursday night my grandpa had another heart attack.

This time it's pretty bad. The Dr. says he only has about 6 months left to live because his heart is only running at 25% and is slowly dying. Knowing how my gpa had already given up years ago, the way he eats and refuses to take all of his meds means he probably won't last that long. I am lucky in that I've never lost a grandparent, but now it looks like it's going to happen sooner than later and that really sucks.

My poor grandma is in denial of the fact that hospice care is truly needed - she can't take care of him, can't lift him, he's on oxygen and she's overwhelmed with the set up of his oxygen system & tanks. They need help and it's all gonna depend on what insurance will pay for and what it will not. It's sad.

So hopefully I'm back to blogging. This past weekend I was at the hospital every day Sat thru Mon. and this coming weekend is a family reunion. I'm hoping things get better, I find a job soon and can get back to the happy, funny girl I really am!

Rest in Peace Mr. Moosey Chops. We love and miss you Panda Bear. I know you and Miss Hannah Poopay are up at the rainbow bridge snorin and fartin and waitin for Mama to meet you there one day.

6 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry for your Bullie losses. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sara,
    I'm so very sorry to hear about your loss & heartaches.I wish I could have been closer to you physically & emotionally growing up.We could have been great to share with one another.I regret not being more of a cousin to you.I'm sorry to know about your grandpa,he will be in the loving arms of our Lord & the angels,he will no longer suffer.Please stay strong & always pray.Know that I love you & I wish you all the happiness you can possibly handle! I love you lady.
    ~Dacia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I, too, am sorry to hear about your grandpa's health and the losses you've experienced with your previous bullies. Our bullies are only 9 months old and I can't imagine how we will feel when it is time for them to pass on.

    My thoughts are with you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay lady, you didn't tell us we needed tissues!! So sorry for those losses. Horrible...But look at that cutie patootie you have now
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoyed the pictures! Bulllies are the best, but those darn health problems....Our Benson lived to be 13! Thatcher was only 8. Love them while they are here as hard as you can. Thinking of you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a rough time for you right now. Things will look up. It usually gets worse before it gets better sadly. Hang in there. The bloggy world is thinking about you!

    ReplyDelete

Hi my fabulous friends! I LOVE your comments, so post away and I promise I read each and every one of them - you and your comments brighten my day!