Monday, June 28, 2010

Birthday in Carlsbad

I'm back from my birthday vacay in Carlsbad. Although, I was sad cos my cute boyfriend couldn't come with me (he just started a new job) and I missed Miss Weezer badly every day, I still had a really great time with my MIL and sister in law.

We stayed at a great condo right at the beach with a huge veranda overlooking the ocean. It was relaxing, beautiful and I got a great tan! Not only that but we visited Balboa Park, La Jolla, had my bday dinner on the beach in Del Mar then had a day of pampering in Poway. We also hit the most amazing farmers market in Solana Beach, explored the La Jolla caves via sea kayak and rode bikes to Main Street in Huntington Beach where we treated ourselves to gelato & margaritas before we headed home.

Being a native Californian, it was really hard to come back to my life in Seattle. I am not the type that could ever get sick of sitting on the veranda, overlooking the ocean. Watching the surfers and the pelicans and listening to the roar of the waves. I could live by the sea, waking up and going to bed to the sounds of the waves crashing onto the beach. Yes, one day I need to live near the ocean. I wish one day was soon!

Our condo - Tamarack Beach Resort.


Balboa Park for my birthday!



Gorgeous La Jolla


LOVE these pics! Looks like South Beach, and my fave colors together!


Gorgeous La Jolla - just loved how this pic turned out!

I have a ton of pics to post so I'll have to make multiple installments. Plus this past weekend I went to the Gig Harbor Garden Tour and WOW there were some gorgeous gardens featured. I took a gazillion pics that I need to post of the tour too! Stay tuned!

Hope everyone had a fantastic, sunny, warm weekend!


4 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos! Did you see the ranaculus fields in Carlsbad? I wanted to go so bad last time I was in San Diego!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!!! What a fun birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy crap lady, we live 15 minutes away. Hope you had fun
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!!! Looks like a super great time!!! Happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete

Hi my fabulous friends! I LOVE your comments, so post away and I promise I read each and every one of them - you and your comments brighten my day!