Monday, July 19, 2010

Gorgeous Day for a Garden Tour


On Saturday, my Mom and I headed to Woodinville for the local Garden Club's annual Garden Tour. It was a gorgeous, sunny, warm day and the gardens and homes were lovely. The best part, as always, was meeting the fabulous people along the way. Not only were the garden owners so inviting, knowledgeable and inviting, we met some wonderful gardeners along the way!

Of course I took way too many photos to post, but thought I'd show you at least a handful of my favorite pics. Unfortunately, our fave garden was the very last one we went to and my camera battery died! DOH! So some of the best pics, were taken with my awful phone camera. Bummer!

But I had the best day with my Mama, then afterwards we went back to her house, made a pitcher of Mojiots and sat out on the deck in the rocking chairs and had snacks in the sunshine! It was a great day - and we came away with a bunch of new plants we just HAVE to have!
Hope you enjoy the pics!


House #1:
This was our favorite house - the last house we went to! This display on her front porch was vintage heavenly! We were oohing and awing over her great display!


This lady had great taste!

And this outdoor firepit area was to.die.for!

I wish I had my camera to take better photos of this beautiful garden!


Some of the plants we found in this garden, we just HAVE to have!

A Black Daphne

and Painters Palette

A beautiful black Poppy

And a black Sedum groundcover

This crazy vine is called a Variegated Porcelain Berry. It gets teal blue berries on it!

I don't know what this is called but it has dark black stems and green leaves. She used it as a groundcover and it was gorgeous!

I absolutely loved the colors in this corner vignette.

This gorgeous, gorgeous tree is called a Chitalpa and it flower from summer through fall with these large, pink, trumpet shaped flowers. It really made a statement in their garden!

These Allium reminded me of Dr. Seuss!

And I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE these guys, I can't remember what they're called but I love the green & purple color on the leaves. They look great in big clumps.

I could go on and on and on about this beautiful garden. But now I'm going to make a lemon cheesecake with lemon-blueberry topping with my MIL. More garden tour photos to come!


5 comments:

  1. Fun! Love that fire pit area too. I could use a mojito and a patio too. Maybe in an hour!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a cool garden. You had mojitos with momma? hmmm....sounds like a plan
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  3. The photos were Great! Don't stress it~ thanks for sharing!

    Did you know Snohomish has it's Garden Tour this weekend? If you are not working, you SHOULD try and go! We'll be selling tickets at Joyworks,,,stop by and say "hi" if you decide to go~

    I know several of the homeowners and gardeners and it promises to be very SPECIAL!

    Thanks for sharing,,,,,Ugh, my own yard is NOT up to Par this year,,,,,,,too much cold and rain! Ahhhhhhh, perhaps NEXT year!
    Hugs and love,
    Shell

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous garden, wonderful pics! :-)

    Have a wonderful Friday!
    Hugs,
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for your comments. I thought of you when these came to our attention. We have decided on the little guy. We are flying him to CT from MN. I'm a little worried about this but hopefully it will go smoothly.

    Did you get both your bullies at the same time? How did they get along? Did you have any problems with jealousy issues? I will admit that Bozley is babied. I guess you could say that I'm having some second thoughts based solely on guilt towards our first little guy.

    Jo

    ReplyDelete

Hi my fabulous friends! I LOVE your comments, so post away and I promise I read each and every one of them - you and your comments brighten my day!