One year ago today, I posted my first post on this little blog of mine.
Now I have 23 followers - who knew?!
I can't say enough how much each and every one of you mean to me - all the Blogger friends I've met along the way and all the cool Bullie friends Weezer has met!
In an attempt to get my lazy butt motivated again, I am announcing that I am going to start doing the following things, ahem. I figure if I actually post my goals on this blog, then someone might actually hold me accountable, including myself. ;-)
1.
I am going to finally clean out my "hoarder-looking" spare bedroom and post it all for you to see. It's a way of cleansing for me and admitting to the world that
yes, I have a shopping problem and it's time to purge!
2.
I am going to have a garage sale.
A GOOD garage sale with lot's of vintage stuff I've accumulated over the past year.
If I don't have a good spot for it, it needs to go!
And I might just put up an Etsy shop to help get rid of some of the good stuff.
3.
I am going to get some of the projects done that I've been saying that I would do.
Like re-upholstering my little bench, painting my buffet, painting the frames for my master bathroom, painting & hanging my outdoor chandy, etc.
4.
I am starting a small new venture on Monday morning.
I will be trying to supplement my unemployment and hoping to get a new education at the same time. I will elaborate on this once I get some questions answered down at the unemployment office.
5.
I am going to start blogging more again - my goal is once per week to start.
Eventually I'd love to be blogging daily.
6.
I want to hold my first contest.
So I'm going to find a really cool vintage item in the "hoarder room" and post it soon!
FUN!
7.
Finally, and this is a more personal goal, I am going to get up at a normal time in the morning to take Miss Weezer to the park to get some exercise!
I've been walking in the evenings, but figured if I could double it and get my lazy butt up in the morning at the same time, I'd be doing us both a service!
Do any of you have some small things that you do daily to get you motivated?
I'd love to hear what motivates you, what small changes you've made in your daily lives to get you going. Any of you join a meetup group or something similar that doesn't cost any money and gets your butt up and moving? I'm all about motivation and getting projects checked off the list as my new initiative for the coming year.
I'd love any of your input!
Hope you all had a fantastic weekend and thank you all for the wonderful, encouraging and down-right nice comments. It's been a pleasure meeting you all virtually and getting to know you through all of your fun blogs!
Love all you fabulous bloggerettes!!!!
It's gonna be a lovely day! Lovely Day, Lovely Day, Lovely Day, Love-Ly Day!
(Even Weezer's havin' fun in the sun, eatin' grass!)

Sara,
ReplyDeleteCute pic of the two of you!
Thought I might see you today- If you DID stop in Joyworks for tickets I was in the Clothing Room a good part of the day! We were busy!
Congrats on your anniversary and your goals! I think that is great!
Take extra pics of your "hoarders" room! I'm going to have an event in a couple of weeks! They'll be prizes! LOL
Let me know when you have your sale! But, I can only come if it's on a Friday too, as I'm alway's working on the weekends!
Hugs and Congrats!
Shell
Great goals. What is it about bulldogs and grass eating. Bumble loves it too. I hope Weezer has fun on her walks.
ReplyDeleteOoh let me know if you have a garage sale so I can buy some of your stuff to put in my spare bedroom ;)
ReplyDeleteAs the biggest procrastinator ever I have no tips for motivation...
Yay! Congrats on one year and all your readers!! My chickens get me motivated at 5:30 a.m. when they start squawking so I'll let them out of the coop. Who needs an alarm! Otherwise I need motivation to leave the house/garden. As you know, I like being home.
ReplyDeleteI'm jealous that you, A. Have excess stuff that I KNOW I must have, B. Have time to walk your adorable Wheezy girl and C. Have such a gorgeous garden!
ReplyDeleteLove reading about your little adventures and seeing your lovely pictures!
weezer is amazing! I'm a new follower and a bullie owner too so I know all about [and love] the wiggle butt dance!
ReplyDelete