Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Peonies, Birthdays & Fabulous Craigslist Finds!

Hope you all had a fantastic Memorial Day Weekend! I was once again reminded of just how lucky I am - surrounded by the most amazing family and friends - I truly am a very, very lucky girl! It was a great weekend.

Last week was my MIL's (mother in-law) birthday - The Diggit Gardener. She and I are very similar and LOVE to cook, garden and decorate. Of course we got her some gorgeous flowers, a beautiful green pitcher and some cool variegated Sedums. (Of course even the Muscato had to coordinate with our color theme here.) ;-) I can't tell you how much I LOVED putting together this gorgeous bouquet! Deep purple and pristine white peonies, deep purple gorgeously scented lilies and some pretty greens - both of our favorite color combinations! The peonies are so beautiful right now, I wish I could fill my entire house with them!


We headed to Seattle with the family and had a fabulous dinner at Poppy up on Capitol Hill. Everything is local, sustainably grown and organic and it was simply one of the best meals we've ever had! It's a little pricey, but well worth it for a great celebration!

On the way over to my MIL's house I went to pick up my new wing back chair. I have been looking for the perfect chair for years. I finally found a light blue, button tufted vintage chair in practically perfect condition, with the nice Queen Anne style legs - and the best price - only $24!!!


I have to wait awhile until I can move my new chair and buffet into our living room, but I'll explain more in a few weeks. For now, I am busily sanding, priming and painting all my new finds. It's fun!

2 comments:

  1. Peonies are my favorite too! I've only been able to convey that to Husband once though...

    Great craigslist find! I've been curious about Poppy but haven't made it yet. So many places to try, so little time, and money.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great finds!! Those flowers sure are purrty
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete

Hi my fabulous friends! I LOVE your comments, so post away and I promise I read each and every one of them - you and your comments brighten my day!