Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Beautiful Planter Pots and Naps

Yesterday that magical ball of fire was out in the sky again, so I took advantage of the dry weather and got out into the yard.

It was a great day - I headed out to my parents house to drop off my mam's new plants and along the way stopped at a gal's home nursery and picked up a couple lovely plants for myself. I got 2 gorgeous peonies: a Duchess de Nemours (Fragrant Double White) and a Festiva Maxima (Fragrant White with Red Splash). I also got a dark black sedum: Postman's Pride and another black plant that gets tall and the leaves resemble the leaves on a phlox, but I can't remember the name. Oh, it's in the same family as creeping jenny, but is upright.

Anyway, after our little venture, Weezer and I came back to play in the yard. As you all know, Weezy is mama's little helper so hers helped me start creating a new shade garden bed near our firepit. We planted 3 hostas after we dug out all the weeds and moss. Then we planted our new peonies, relocated an astilbe and planted our brussel sprouts. But, the best part was finishing my pots out on our deck. They turned out just gorgeous!

Heuchera, black & green sweet potatoe vine, coleus & black cala lilies.

Heuchera, sweet potato vine, black sedum, coleus.

The cala lilies are just amazing, I could plant them everywhere and be a very happy little girl.

Needless to say, Weezer is a bit tuckered out today. All that running around, planting plants with mama and basking in the sun yesterday meant no naps! So, today, has been all about naps.

Good night everyone and here's to a wonderful Wednesday! Cheers!



3 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I wish I had a talent for gardening... my flowers are lucky if they get watered...
    Jana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pots look great! What is up with our weather..everyone I know is sick of it already. Did you ever catch a ride to FarmChicks? Timi is full, so sorry I steered you that way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's ok! I think I might drive over myself. As long as I get to shop and meet all you lovely ladies from blogland, I'll be just fine. Plus, I have family in Tri-Cities I can stay with along the way. Hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete

Hi my fabulous friends! I LOVE your comments, so post away and I promise I read each and every one of them - you and your comments brighten my day!