The sun was shining, it was very warm, the festival was so much fun and everyone there was so nice!
On Saturday morning my mom and I headed out to the Sorticulture Festival to shop, eat, drink wine and listen to Ciscoe Morris - our favorite gardening guru! We were so excited and we ended up having such a great day together! We got to visit with Paula and Janice, meet some great people, pet some awesome doggies and bought some really great plants.
It was in the mid to upper 70's all day and the sunshine felt so good - we truly deserved it after such an awful Spring we've been having here in the Pacific NW. Mom and I bought some really cool plants, I scored on these gorgeous metal flowers and my mom bought the cutest American Eskimo garden art. It's made out of stainless steel and the gal who makes them is just so talented! She had some Bullies, but I want to send her a photo of my Panda Bear and make one for us with wings - since he's now at the Rainbow Bridge.
The Snohomish County Master Gardeners were there to give people information and advice about their plants and there was some really good food too. All in all it was a really great day!
Here's Ciscoe talking if you can see him up front by the stage. He's kinda in the shade a little so you have to look close.

We met the cutest little female Bullie - I think her name was Daphne - but she was the perfect little female! So cute and mellow and was just lovin' the attention she was getting. I was really close to stealing her, except Weezer wouldn't like another female tryin' to take her mommy and daddy! ;-)


And on our way out (at like 4:30pm, it was easy to be there the entire day!) we strolled through the gardens at Legion Park - they are gorgeous! Of course the Dogwoods are my favorite!

My mom and I had the best day together! I'm so thankful that we share a lot of the same interests and are the best of friends. I love her so much and really enjoyed my day with her!Now it's time to get out into the garden, plant some more pots and start getting ready for vacation - San Diego here I come! ;-)



Fun! I love garden art!
ReplyDeleteWow, what a great time. Hmmm...Daphne was invited we see...
ReplyDeleteBenny & Lily
What a beautiful day! Looks very fun, and so many gorgeous flowering displays. Dogs, too!
ReplyDeleteHope you have fun in San Diego, the weather will be glorious.
xo Lidy