I was on a different mission, for my mama-sita. She looked out her window this morning and was sick of all the green. She wants some color for her mostly shaded backyard. So, I got her some beautiful shrubs and a cool Heuchera.
Afterwards, we stopped by Costco - cos one always needs something from Costco. Then we had lunch at a fabulous little restaurant, that I had forgotten about. Pogacha! We had the BEST lunch - a lemon chicken sammich with chicken breast, melted provolone, avocado, red onion, lettuce, pesto mayo and topped with the most incredible crimini mushrooms sauteed with garlic, herbs and coated in a fantastic lemon vinaigrette! OH.MY.LORDY was it incredible! If you have never experienced Pogacha, here's the link to their web site: Pogacha Restaurant
Anyway, after a lovely day with my MIL, I went out to cut some flowers from my yard and I was blown away by the gorgeous blooms that I have growing in my beautiful gardens. Only the peonies & snowball viburnum are in bloom so far, so I cut some to bring in the house. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do - they are definitely the rewards of gardening!
They are so yummy, I could just eat them up!
Hope you all had a wonderful weekend and best wishes for the start of another productive week!

I used to own an English bulldog. He was pretty funny. I read that you're looking for a ride to FarmChicks. Check in w/ Timi at Come Junk With Us. I heard she was sold out, but she may still have room. I'd love it if you let her know I sent you!
ReplyDeleteNice to meet you Suzette, thanks for stopping by! Actually, I'm trying to find a friend to go with me to the sale. I was thinking of driving over so I could take my time and then find an inexpensive place to stay. I will definitely check in with Timi - thanks for the heads up - and I will definitely let her know you sent me. Miss Weezer is sending schloppy Bullie kisses your way!
ReplyDeleteThe CL listing was deleted! I am out near Issaquah often and haven't planted any ruffage yet this year. I know I'm late! Your garden photos are beautiful. I'm following now, hoping to be inspired to pull weeds ;)
ReplyDeleteOh your babies are cute too. Are you a Gonzaga Alum?
Nope, but my sister is a Zag! Of course she got me some great Bulldog sweatshirts over the years!
ReplyDeleteI see the link is gone to the Daily Plant-It. If you send me an email, I'll forward you her newsletter.
Thanks for following, it's so fun meeting new peeps in blogland - especially when you're in the same state! ;-)
Now, I'm out of here to get started on the weed pulling - I've got LOT'S to do. Ugh.
Shell here!
ReplyDeleteFunny, but Clarice mentioned something while we were closing Joyworks about a certificate and prize winner...I thought maybe it was you???
Have you figured out accomodations yet for Farm Chicks? My sister in law just spoke and we are going....If you're leaving on Friday you can at least follow us if you'd like if you don't have someone to go with.......I'm going to contact Timi too and see where they are all staying. Email me a phone if you'd like and I'll call you and let you know what's up!
Hugs,
Shell
Shelly39WA@aol.com