Saturday, May 1, 2010

OOH, LA, LA!!


Guess who was the guest speaker at Gray Barn Nursery this morning? Yep, you guessed it! Ciscoe Morris from Gardening with Ciscoe!

I took a cutting of a fragile Euphorbia I have down to show him. It's covered in a mildew coating and sure enough it gets it every year! It's really frustrating, so I knew Ciscoe would know what to do with it.

Sure enough it's powdery mildew and he said it's because it's not getting enough water! Really? I couldn't believe it. I've got soaker hose running through my beds and it's been raining so much here lately, but I guess if I keep getting it every year, I need to move the plant.

So, of course I asked him about the aphids on my Hellebores, what bugs are eating my Heucheras and how to grow Brussel Sprouts! HA HA! We all know Ciscoe LOVES him some Brussel Sprouts, but you know who else does? THIS girl! I'll have to share my recipe and some pics next time I cook 'em up cos until you have them the way I make 'em, you can't say you don't like 'em! They're GRRRREEAT!


1 comment:

  1. Sweet! I admire your gardening skills. Someday when I own my own home again, I will work on that, but my time is devoted elsewhere.

    That is soooo cool that you got to meet with Cisco!

    Also, I will need that recipe, because I eat EVERYTHING, save for raspberry filling and Brussel Sprouts. I definitely need to find a way to cook and eat those little, farty, green balls ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Hi my fabulous friends! I LOVE your comments, so post away and I promise I read each and every one of them - you and your comments brighten my day!