Thursday, April 29, 2010

Free Buffet -ay ay ay, Free Buffet!

So I totally just scored on craigslist - FINALLY!! I've been looking for an antique sideboard/buffet for YEARS. Well, last night at 10:30pm I just so happen to look on CL and sure enough, a guy had just posted a buffet for FREE! I emailed and called, left a vm and voila! He called me this morning - the first person stood him up, so it's MINE! YAY! All it will cost me is some spray paint - but the big question is - what color should I paint it?????

My dining room table, chairs & wine bar are all black. My big wall mirror and framed art are all black. Our rugs are a light blue & beige and our couches are light green for the moment. (Hoping to get new couches this year - well, "new to me" couches that is!)

What do you think? Black or antique white? I'm leaning towards black so it matches and I can always bring those pops of color in with accessories... HMMMM. Choices, choices!

Here is the BEFORE picture:


2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! We really do have the same taste. I can't wait to see what you do with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I say paint it a nice bright shiny green color! Or an antique gray. It's going to look amazing no matter what color you paint it! Nice find!

    ReplyDelete

Hi my fabulous friends! I LOVE your comments, so post away and I promise I read each and every one of them - you and your comments brighten my day!